USA: the cybersecurity labeling program has a name: “U.S. cybertrust”20. July 2023
USA: the cybersecurity labeling program has a name: “U.S. cybertrust”
• Products must meet high cybersecurity standards set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
• The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is now seeking a national mark for the label, which will include a “shield” logo and a QR code for verification.
• The program is expected to start next year, depending on public feedback.
• Annual recertification and external labs to verify equipment may also be involved.
• The initiative follows President Biden’s order to introduce a label similar to the “Energy Star” for technology products.
• Companies like Amazon, Best Buy, Cisco, Google, LG, Logitech and Samsung have pledged to help by improving the cybersecurity of their IoT offerings.