Apple continues to actively research generative AI technology2. October 2023
Apple continues to actively research generative AI technology
San Francisco, October 2, 2023
According to CEO Tim Cook, Apple is actively researching generative AI technology and plans to increase its AI workforce in the UK. Cook also confirmed Apple’s research into a ChatGPT-like service.
• Additionally, Cook highlighted the role of AI in Apple products, including features such as fall and accident detection, atrial fibrillation detection, ECG functionality and predictive autocorrection.
• AI is “literally everywhere in our products,” he said, “and of course we’re also exploring generative AI, so yeah, we have a lot going on.”
• According to a report by The Information, Apple has increased its spending on AI technologies to millions of dollars per day.
• Apple’s advanced LLM, internally called Ajax GPT, is said to outperform OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 with over 200 billion parameters.
• Apple is actively developing a chatbot for AppleCare interactions and another to streamline complex tasks with Siri.