Google’s AI search can now also convert text into images14. October 2023
Google’s AI search can now also convert text into images
San Francisco, October 14, 2023
Google’s AI-powered search feature can now generate images using text prompts directly in the search bar. The image generation feature is part of Google’s Search Generative Experience (SGE), which is currently being tested by registered users.
• SGE is Google’s vision for the future of web search, where AI content is generated in response to natural language queries.
• To generate images in SGE, users enter a description and Google provides four image options to select or edit.
• The image generation tool is based on Google’s Imagen text-to-image diffusion models.
• To access the feature, users must be registered with Google Labs, the early product testing space, and enrolled in the SGE program.
• The image generator is only available in English and is currently limited to the US and users over 18.