US government invests $ 1 billion in quantum computer hubs27. August 2020
US government invests $ 1 billion in quantum computer hubs
Washington, August 27, 2020
The US government has announced a $ 1 billion investment in AI and quantum computer hubs. Of this, $ 140 million will be invested in seven AI initiatives.
• The Trump administration issued an ordinance last year setting out guidelines and plans to maintain American leadership in the AI, without mentioning the amount invested.
• In February 2020, the White House announced that it would invest $ 2 billion in non-defense AI by 2022.
• Recent Government Investments in AI:
◦ EU – $ 1.69 billion
◦ France – $ 1.69 billion
◦ South Korea – $ 1.95 billion
• Venture Beat reported that given the number of investments made by other countries, the US has little chance of maintaining its leadership position.