Tesla and Hilton hotels will soon offer the largest charging network for e-vehicles10. September 2023
Tesla and Hilton hotels will soon offer the largest charging network for e-vehicles
New York, September 10, 2023
Under a new agreement, Tesla will provide up to 20,000 universal electric vehicle chargers at 2,000 Hilton hotels in the US, Mexico and Canada. Installation will begin in early 2024. When completed, it is expected to be the largest electric vehicle charging network for a hotel company.
• While Hilton previously partnered with Tesla for Level 2 chargers, the new deal includes Tesla’s more versatile Universal Wall Connector, which is compatible with most current electric vehicle brands.
• Each hotel will provide guests with at least six Universal Wall Connector chargers, for a total hardware cost of $11.9 million.
• Approximately 1,148 US Hilton hotels currently offer EV charging.
• The Wall Connector, a dock-like adapter for Teslas and other electric vehicles, can provide a range of up to 44 miles per hour.
• It will be sold by Tesla for US$595 with orders scheduled to ship in October.